Honey Mustard Lamb Glaze

All Meats Including BEEF, PORK, LAMB & GAME
Bob S

Honey Mustard Lamb Glaze

Post by Bob S »

The last time we visited Australia, we had dinner at the Tahbilk winery, one of the best meals I can remember. They served a rack of lamb that had a honey mustard glaze and some seasoned breadcrumbs as a topping. It was tremendous. I've tried unsuccessfully to re-create the dish several times, but my attempts always seem to be lacking. I contacted them to see if they'd give me the recipe. No dice, they laughed at me. So I'm asking you, any ideas? I'd appreciate any and all recipes for honey mustard glazes for lamb and any ideas as to a good breadcrumb topping.
Thanks,
Bob S
Rosie M

Re: Honey Mustard Lamb Glaze

Post by Rosie M »

You can find honey mustard lamb glaze recipe on internet but It will not be the same taste. Of course they have there own especial recipe and they're not going to share it with anyone. It's called trade secret :)
Mixin

Post by Mixin »

I tried countless times to replicate a stuffed mushroom entree dish at a local modern Italian place we frequent. I could never get it right.
As we knew the staff fairly well, I asked the regular waitress if the chef could give me tips, as I couldn't get it to work. She was also a keen cook, so I explained my trials & failures.

She came back to me, and said "the chef appreciates the fact you enjoy that dish so much that you have invested a lot of time into trying to replicate it yourself, so he's happy to assist you a little." She then went on to say I had everything nearly right, but I was missing just 1 crucial step - melt the butter first, and allow it to soak into the breadcrumbs for 1/2 hour before using them.

Perhaps this is all your glaze needs?
Weber Kettle Fanatic....
Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
Weeknight special: Q200
Problem? What problem?
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Could be as simple as searing the fat first then adding crust????
chilling while grilling