New to Peri Peri

CHICKEN, DUCK, PIDGEON, QUAIL, TURKEY ETC
wbegg

New to Peri Peri

Post by wbegg »

Hey friends,

had the greatest experience tonight. I found this recipe for Peri Peri sauce online last week and figured I'd give it a try.

My idea was to marinate the chicken in it for 12 hours, and do a light smoke offset cook on the bbq. As I thought about it, and as I had a lamb shoulder on the grill, I went ahead and smoked/grilled the Capsicum and red chillis as well. I proceeded to make the sauce as the recipe below, spatchcocked a chicken, and smothered the well deserved bird for a bath in my slathering of homemade sauce for 12 hours.

....... 36 hours later .... arriving home from work tonight, I realized I FORGOT ABOUT THE CHICKEN! So, being the worry I am about food poisoning, I dug through the trash and found the wrapping for the bird I just most recently announced a waste. I turned out I had 3 days left to live!!

I hurried up thee coals on my Weber Kettle,, set the coals for indirect, and cooked that silly bird for 2 or so hours at 180 F (yeah, I'm American), hit 165 internal ..........

Now, I never expect too much from my food, and being 46, I've had a buttload of chicken.This chicken was the BEST I've ever tasted. I was hard strong to try to save the second half for lunch tomorrow.

Here's the recipe for the sauce I made (Peri Peri, 3 day mistake marinade). Don't be afraid of the garlic, it gets cooked on the chicken and becomes sweeter.

2-6 birds-eye red chillis (adjust spice level to your taste....2 will be mildly spicy whilst 6 will be very spicy)
1 big red capsicum/bell-pepper
1 lemon's juice
2 tbsp. paprika powder
2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. oregano
½ tsp. red chilli powder
½ cup oil (veg or olive)
5 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp. dark vinegar
1 tsp. black pepper

Cheers!
WIll
Angryman65

Re: New to Peri Peri

Post by Angryman65 »

Sounds good, will give it a try
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.