Pork Shoulder - Snake method with crackle?

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
Nicko_BBQ

Pork Shoulder - Snake method with crackle?

Post by Nicko_BBQ »

Hi guys,

First time poster, long time lurker! Thanks for the great posts on here, they've really helped me.

I cooked a low and slow pork shoulder yesterday with the snake method and hickory strips (a friend's dad has a sawmill, so these are thin offcuts, worked really well). I had to remove the crackle and finish it in my airfryer as 110C was too low to get it to crackle, my only other thoughts were I could have changed the beads from snake to direct at the end of the cook to get the crackle to do its thing, but obviously that would mean adding extra beads and waiting for the heat to increase?

What do you guys do for crackle with the snake method?

Thanks,

Nick.
Nicko_BBQ

Re: Pork Shoulder - Snake method with crackle?

Post by Nicko_BBQ »

Okay I should have done more lurking!

Found this good info.

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... le#p122391
AussieBBQSmoke

Post by AussieBBQSmoke »

To get great crackling after the meat is cooked, simply go over it with a hot air paint stripper Gun, or a Looftlighter, it bubbles up into crispy crackling in a few seconds.
Nicko_BBQ

Post by Nicko_BBQ »

AussieBBQSmoke wrote:To get great crackling after the meat is cooked, simply go over it with a hot air paint stripper Gun, or a Looftlighter, it bubbles up into crispy crackling in a few seconds.
haha cool will do, thanks mate.

By the way, photos have reached their capacity in this forum? What am I doing wrong, or can't photos be posted? thanks.
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

read the post at the top of the Welcome section on how to post photos
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!