Big Trial and 15 people what to cook

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
rusticsoul

Big Trial and 15 people what to cook

Post by rusticsoul »

Hi all,

so next saturday I have some poetial clients coming around for a big smoke up, that wan tto see the reverse low smoker is use before they buy. I have a bout 15 people coming over and at a little quandary as to what to make. I would like to make a selectoin of foods so maybe some canapies and a main or entree and main. Or maybe judst a hiuge sharing plate of meat.

These are my intial thoughts.

Ribs: take up to much room and cost a bit much
Pulled Pork: done it to death and want something a little more glam
Meat platter:possibility
Huge florentine steaks to share with breads and salad.
or a big beef brsiket or pork loin

What do you guys think, I need as many suggestions as possible.
Gumb

Re: Big Trial and 15 people what to cook

Post by Gumb »

You could do some the day before (e.g pulled pork.....I know, it's done to death but don't write it off, maybe prospective buyers haven't seen how easy it is to do?)
Pork loin would be a good substitute
Chicken drumsticks or wings are a good, quick and easy finger food.
A good chunk of smokey beef will be a hit.
Maybe a bit of salmon, smoked and cut up served on crackers ?
rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

I do like smoked salmon. Good call
Jars

Post by Jars »

I'd definetly smash out some smoked wings and pulled pork. Think about that the client is likely to want to cook on it, pulled pork is popular, so show them how well you can do it. If possible, I'd also try and get a brisket or something beefie in there too. Salmon is also a great idea.
Yoder YS480 || Weber OTS Premium || Weber Go Anywhere || Weber Jumbo Joe || Keg Spit || 'Golden Moth' UDS
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

This is a reverse flow offset? You want to show the reverse sear cooking technique? How much cooking time? Will it all be cooked before hand? Does the unit have the ability to Smoke/BBQ/Grill? Are you wanting to highlight something particular ?
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

rusticsoul

Post by rusticsoul »

Thanks guys. So I think I have decided to do a pulled pork and a few homemade Italian sausages and a quater lamb with this delicious sauce. So I'm going to fire her up in the morning and do a long slow cook and having a bon fire and food at around 6 in the evening. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I do love coming on here and dabling in a bit of chatter. Bentley I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier it's been a long week.

Sam from rustic soul