K1W1 ( hangi ) and GORDY

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
Commander Cody

K1W1 ( hangi ) and GORDY

Post by Commander Cody »

lots of photos....................

GORDY doing his thing...........and a K1W1 type of pit.

OK

i set GORDY up, i was only there to do chicken pieces and reheat a previously smoked ham done on my WSM a couple of days earlier. also on GORDY i put venison rapped in the ham skin with a thick layer of fat yum. that tucker was just for snacking on while we waited for the hangi stuff to come out of the hangi pit.

a fun day, and i learned a thing or two as well.

any-how..................here are the pics.

please enjoy

and GORDY is doing his thang

guess which one is me...

sorry..................but the hangi cook-out was a fail................the tucker came out quite cool to the touch...........however, gordy was just sitting there smoking away and i just chucked more iron bark and redgum on and got him up to speed to finish everything orf.......it took another 2hrs or so and a 6 of James . by the time it came out i had had enough of this little K1W1 person freakin' 'cause everyone was starting to leave, and telling me to plate it up.......

i walked................after telling him i will not be responsible for what happens. but thankfully my daughter convinced him to stick with it and hand out some more ham and venison stuff. she did great, and finished the cook-out up a treat. there was a lot of tucker left, and, i got some of the meat............but no more photos, i forgot to leave the camera with Ally.

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....
Card Shark

Re: K1W1 ( hangi ) and GORDY

Post by Card Shark »

Thanks for the pics. Don't suppose you can probe a hungi then?
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Ive been to a few hungis and was less then impressed.
Not my thing
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

on this effort ol' Smokey i would sooooo totally agree with you mate...............on the walking to home ( 5kms ) i stopped at the tav and declared

.........NEVER AGAIN.....EVER....

kevin
smokeman

Post by smokeman »

I have done a fair few hangi's myself and done properly they are an awesome feed. never seen it done with old bits of car wreck iron like that. (that's what it looks like) you need railway iron or proper moon rocks. to me that is what the problem was, thin bits of metal that wouldn't hold heat at all.
ImageImage
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

smokeman wrote:I have done a fair few hangi's myself and done properly they are an awesome feed. never seen it done with old bits of car wreck iron like that. (that's what it looks like) you need railway iron or proper moon rocks. to me that is what the problem was, thin bits of metal that wouldn't hold heat at all.
yep.

you nailed it...................probably better if he had used nails..............and yes those train line fings would have been better.

i questioned.......why...the scrap metal, and he said ".............BRO........I MEAN...............BRO........go get another beer!!!!! i really needed another drink, so i got meself one..........after a while he saw me drinkin;.....yeah...........and asked where was his.. :twisted: :twisted: .......so, i said to him that maybe .....just maybe......you should have let me wear my wallabies cap to this gig............and he hit me with a dirty silver fern rag............damn.....1st BLEDISLOE CUP MATCH THIS WEEKEND.......................

oh go.....you good things go.

yep,

the metal lost a lot of heat, but he was trying to rush things along, i think..

dunno................soggy meat and fried head................just dunno

kevin