Recepie request for Wonton soup

We welcome new members and encourage your participation in this forum . Please post a message here to introduce yourselves.
Smokey

Recepie request for Wonton soup

Post by Smokey »

After trying her hand at a Foo, The loveley has asked me to ask you on how to make a cracker wonton soup.
Particularly on making the wonton.
I trust you great people will keep me out of the dog house :)
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
titch

Re: Recepie request for Wonton soup

Post by titch »

We make a pork San choi bao base and add any vege's that take our fancy.( using Hoi Sin etc )Celery and sping onion is a must
For the soup we use home made chicken stock as the base.we add Soy and chili to taste,dark not clear soup.
I belive we have never made our Wontons the same .
Cheers.
Titch.
Cheers
Titch
gnol

Post by gnol »

Hi SM,
I'll try and get the Mrs to post her recipe up. All I know is that is that the stock is chicken and it has pak choy from the garden in it.
She makes the pasta and filling herself. Comes out pretty good and I love those wontons fried.
Attachments
wonton.JPG
wonton.JPG (80.58 KiB) Viewed 4617 times
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

gnol wrote:She makes the pasta and filling herself. Comes out pretty good and I love those wontons fried.
Boy that's dedication from her to make the pasta as well and they look great :wink:

I cheat and buy a packet from the asian supermarket

Glenn
Kamado slow it goes as those lovely red embers glow
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser