Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Baz

Re: Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill

Post by Baz »

Most gas BBQ's seem to advocate using indirect cooking for roasts/chicken/etc -- but can't see how you could do that with a small unit like this.

Barry
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

Same as with a Baby Q, which is even samaller than the Z and B.
Using foil and trivet method.
Works perfectly.

Cheers
Meat and eat
"My mind is made up. Please don't confuse me with facts."
statusquo

Post by statusquo »

Got my Ziggy a couple of weeks ago, have roasted chicken, grilled steak, bacon prawns and fish. I like it! Does run a little hot for low and slow,and I havn't mastered the hands on approach, turning off burners etc..so just continue to use my old faithfull kettle with charcoal for slow, as a gas BBq thats also very portable its a great piece of kit. 8)
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

The following is from the latest Barbeques Galore junkmail.
Introducing the genuine Ziegler & Brown Twin Grill Barbeque - now available in Australia.
Makes it seem like it is some already existing you beaut european BBQ that is here now.
Which would be a lot of crap as it is just another Barbeques Galore owned and made Bbq as is the crappy Beefmaster.

To me that is close to being deceitful and dishonest! Just my opinion.

Cheers

Meat and eat
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Meat and eat wrote:The following is from the latest Barbeques Galore junkmail.
Introducing the genuine Ziegler & Brown Twin Grill Barbeque - now available in Australia.
Makes it seem like it is some already existing you beaut european BBQ that is here now.
Which would be a lot of crap as it is just another Barbeques Galore owned and made Bbq as is the crappy Beefmaster.

To me that is close to being deceitful and dishonest! Just my opinion.

Cheers

Meat and eat
Now come on Meat and Eat.
We need to be fair about this. They don't say where else it is also. My research shows that it is also available in Thailand no where else. I am led to believe from the website in Thailand that it is exported from Australia. After reading your post I tried to do some research to find out more. I found 2 articles that were submitted to Wikipedia regarding the product, both were rejected as they stated that they were written as commercial advertisements. I have not been able to find out what the country of origin is but I did find an Australian Pattern registered to BBQ Galores.
I checked them out at my local Galores store, seems as though the staff there were a little unclear on how to set up for indirect cooking but were told to push them as hard as they could. I cheekily asked about a comparison to the Weber Q200 and was told that the Q200 has always had problems and was not nearly as good as the Z & B, the Z & B cooked much better and quicker and produced better tasting BBQ.
I didn't argue, I guess that the staff get a bonus for everyone they sell so they have to put the competition down. They did not have a recipe book available on how to cook a variety of dishes on it nor did they have information of the various sit-ups for cooking.

The Z & B works and should cook well if you get one, it may take a bit of figuring out but it will be good to go in the end.

Some people on the forum have bought them and are happy with them, the proof will be a little further down the track.

I wish Galores luck in promoting them, I just hope that they don't continue to bad mouth the Weber Q to make sales, especially since they sold thousands of Weber Qs in the past and talked them up as being the best on the market

Cheers

Captain
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

Captain, not bagging the Z&B, just stating 'my opinion' on Galore's advertising of the product.
There is just too much slick advertising on many products that really is deceitful and dishonest.
And much more that comes close to it.
Glad you have your opinions too. I often enjoy reading them.

Cheers

Meat and eat.
Oni

Post by Oni »

Meat and Eat....

Talk about slick wording....weber q..... "MADE IN THE USA INCORPORATING GLOBALLY SOURCED COMPONENTS"
Tell me that is not dishonestly written to say something that mostly made in china or mexico or whatever and only put together in the USA in order to give a delusion of quality. For the average person, try finding out the truth from Weber.

PS....for the record....just because it's made in china doesn't make it bad. So is your iphone, computer, clothes even the little aussie flags people wave around on their cars for Australia day!

Oni
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

Lucky for us that use them, the Weber Q's are still a quality item no matter where they may be made.
But I guess that is getting off topic now, lol, the topic started as 'Ziegler and Brown Twin Grill"

Cheers

Meat and eat
Oni

Post by Oni »

Agreed....but the point I made was simply to support your statement that...."There is just too much slick advertising on many products that really is deceitful and dishonest." I was providing just another example, and I think most would argue a pretty reasonable one too.

The difference is on the box, at least when I bought it, the Ziggy actually did say "Made in China". For what it's worth I don't care what marketing spin they put on it, or where it's made, I love my new Ziggy!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

When you think about it, Weve never had so many options. They are all good.
They all cost a pretty penny so of course you will have radical fan boys extoling the virtues of lousy BBQ's that:
1) Cant have a spit
2) Some are soft in the heat department
3) Some are too bloody hot
4) All are too bloody small , What is this breakfast plate or PITA teflon sheet sh!t?
5) cant cook a leg of lamb AND a large baking dish full of veg browned up in goose fat
I could go on,,,

:lol: Just taking the piss,,,, Theyre good for grilling (Pending how you like steak done) or baking one thing and a few scattered veg :roll: :mrgreen:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

Ahh, Smokey Mick, I had a good laugh at that. It's all too true! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Meat and eat
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Being a BBQ enthusiast also tends to make us into BBQ snobs to a point...like it's no good unless it's a ........... or a ............

What we need to remember is that there is a lot of people out there who love bbqs just like any Aussie but they can only afford a Kmart/BigW/Bunnings branded bbq just so they can have the fun of outdoor cooking. There are many who just don't have the reddies to have multiple bbqs.

Some people can't have multiple bbqs as they live in townhouse, appartments etc....

I think that it has taken a fairly long time for both the Ziggys and the Bugs to come out in competition with the weber Qs and they are primarily a portable grilling bbq...they were never built with low and slow in mind. It's similar to the weber Q's themselves...they were built as a compact griller...not for doing low and slow.

I reckon it's good that so many great products have finally come to Australian shores and the BBQ choice has never been bigger and better in quality than now.
Even our BBQGal stores have some really worthwhile products now even at the lower end.

Some folks are just not into the bbq thing..like my ol man....he has a Rinnai opentop grill & plate job which he bought in 1994 and it's still in pristine condition coz he only uses it when either myself or my Sister comes and visits. I reckon he's been on the same tank of gas for 5 yrs :shock:

For those of use who buy the top end of the BBQ echelon, it's a massive investment coz we do this as a hobby and an interest rather than just get togethers.
To buy multiple BBQs like we do have the average bloke scratching his head asking WHY? :?

I know when I had 6 BBQs at one stage and a bloke from work and I was talking BBQs, I mentioned I had 6 of them and he was astonished..."6 BBQs!! WTF do you do with all them"? hehee I had to have a good chuckle at his reaction.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q3200 NG
Weber Performer Kettle - Sage Green
Weber Mastertouch Plus - Deep Ocean Blue
Weber Jumbo Joe - black
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Meat and eat wrote:Ahh, Smokey Mick, I had a good laugh at that. It's all too true! :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Meat and eat
:oops: Thanks for taking that the way it was intended :lol:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

Lol, no worries Smokey Mick.
Always lookin' on the bright side. :wink:

Cheers

Meat and eat
winstonwolf

Post by winstonwolf »

Long time lurker of this forum.

This thread made me want to add my 0.02 cents.

I've have my baby q for 2 years now, infact it just ticked over a week ago. I had the dreaded "not getting past 140 C " heating issue and I called weber on Monday 26/11/12. Advised them that my weber wasn't getting hot and that I needed help. I told her that I needed the BBQ for the Saturday as I was putting on a BBQ for my 30th. The lovely Simone advised she would organise the weber tech to come prior to the weekend.

I hadn't heard anything so I organised another baby Q for the weekend (one that I recommended my mate to buy) Saturday morning came around and I get a call from the Weber tech - and he met me in the park and sorted it out on the spot. Replaced the faulty control valve and also while he was there advised that he replaced the ignitor for me as well as mine was a bit loose ( I hadn't noticed). He then told me to ring weber back and let them know that there is a little bit of corrosion on the plate and to get them to send another one out.

Now a few points of note
- At no point did anyone ask me to produce a docket / reciept- just the serial no. was enough. Also I was just out of the official warranty
- My BBQ is heating like new again - which it was until a few weeks ago. It's getting to well over 250 C in 10 mins
- the Q120 is the same price as the ziggy B

Now the question is - will BG or Ziegler and Brownstand by their product? because based on the customer service I have experienced, its gonna be hard to top. Nothing against BG, I get my gas refills / accessories etc from there.

Anyways i'm more than happy wit the weber - sometimes more is not necessarily better. I'm still on my second bottle of gas

Cheers

Will