Which BBQ Rangehood?

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
bundy

Which BBQ Rangehood?

Post by bundy »

Hi Folks, Hoping to get a bit of guidance for a good quality Rangehood for my outdoor BBQ area

There is the good old Beefeater which seems the most common around (in BBQ shops anyway) and I have also come across the Schweigen ones. Mainly because we are using them for our Kitchen due to having external motors thus less noise so I liked that idea.

Are there any other brands out there worth considering? I am looking more for function over "style" so open to all suggestions

Cheers
Yamapro

Re: Which BBQ Rangehood?

Post by Yamapro »

Hi Bundy,

I am also considering putting up a range hood in my BBQ zone. Sadly i have no advice to offer you but am interested to see how this thread develops...\

If it is installed undercover but Alfresco do I need to be looking at a BBQ rangehood and not just a regular canopy rangehood? I'm hoping you may have already explored that question...
Too many Qs but still not enough...
bundy

Post by bundy »

From what I have read you need to be able to move at least 2000 CFM of air so an indoor unit would not be suitable as they only move a fraction of that.

You could maybe buy a commercial fan (entry level at around $600) that will do that volume of air, and modify a Standard Canopy but then I am not sure if indoor filters would work too well over a smoky and fatty BBQ

Anyway keen to hear of any other options for a hood. I am leaning towards a custom made one I think just because my space doesn't ideally suit a regular hood setup. I have only found one company that does this in Melbourne (Through Google searches) so need to find a few more suppliers to weigh up the options. (and cost)
OnDeckKitchens

Post by OnDeckKitchens »

Can I ask what part of the country you are in?

If you are in Melbounre I may have a good option for you..
On Deck Kitchens - Melbournes no. 1 Custom Outdoor Kitchen Builder
www.ondeckkitchens.com.au
brent@ondeckkitchens.com.au
0404-767-331
bundy

Post by bundy »

OnDeckKitchens wrote:Can I ask what part of the country you are in?

If you are in Melbounre I may have a good option for you..
I'm actually in Perth but for the right product I don't care where I get it from. I'm getting my BBQ freighted from Sydney (Lifestyle) so would appreciate any recommendations you may have in Melbourne

Cheers
bloke

Post by bloke »

BBQ's Galore have an Italian made range hood that I saw in Moor Park Sydney. Looked great and the salesman said that they sell well and have had great response from the people that bought them. They are apparently made just for BBQ's, steel fans and SS body. I like their new BBQ's with the glass sheild, by the way!
kendoll

Post by kendoll »

Worth registering just for this post? :)
Ken
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

bloke wrote:BBQ's Galore have an Italian made range hood that I saw in Moor Park Sydney. Looked great and the salesman said that they sell well and have had great response from the people that bought them. They are apparently made just for BBQ's, steel fans and SS body. I like their new BBQ's with the glass sheild, by the way!
Do you work for BBQ Galores?
Pretty sus joining and without a intro or anything blurting out about BBQ Galores and also giving their Turbo a rap.
Could be in all innocence and just enthusiasm.

As Pauline H says "Please Explain"

Captain

Moderator, Administrator.
bloke

Post by bloke »

No, I googled BBQ range hood as I have been looking for one, and this forum came up, so I entered it. I cannot afford a proper hood for my BBQ as yet, but loking for a bargain.
kendoll

Post by kendoll »

Serendipity.
Ken
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

bloke wrote:No, I googled BBQ range hood as I have been looking for one, and this forum came up, so I entered it. I cannot afford a proper hood for my BBQ as yet, but loking for a bargain.
Fair enough, Welcome to the forum, stick around and have some fun.
As you have probably noticed, it is a great forum full of information and helpful assistance.

We get a few spammers and idiots come on to the forum so we get suspicious at times. We need to protect the members and the forum so forgive me for that.

Cheers

Captain.
sinkas

Post by sinkas »

I am also interested, particularly in the external motor,
I want once for the indoor kitschen that actually does something, soa commerical one is proobably required,
par

Post by par »

gday,

I am a new member and saw the posts re rangehoods. I am putting a beefeater 3000s in a cabana and currently looking to buy a rangehood. I have looked on ebay at the 1.2 m and 1.5 m canopies ( pinnacle) . they go for around 650 and I bid on some of them , but strangely I get outbid on them and there are multiple bidders and the bidder identities are marked ' private' - go figure - can there be that many people bidding on range hoods ??
anyway I rang a guy who makes them in melb. today. a good one is around 2k . he didnt say that the ebay ones were no good but that it is important to get a 150mm overhang over the bbq ( especially the beefeater which has a centrally opening lid) he said that the ones on ebay are 600mm wide so if wall mounted wont come out far enough and with no overhang, the smoke will billow out from the lid and the range hood will be useless. I cant find any useful feed back on the functionality of the ebay ones and would be interested if someone has tried one , properly fitted. If they work ok , it makes it hard to pay up to 2k ...
I have also seen a neg. review on the beefeater rangehood. I mentioned it to the guy i spoke to today. he said it is because the motors are at the back of the unit and the smoke comes up from the front of the bbq over the lid so whilst the suction is 2000, the design is deficient.
bobb

Post by bobb »

bundy wrote:Hi Folks, Hoping to get a bit of guidance for a good quality Rangehood for my outdoor BBQ area

There is the good old Beefeater which seems the most common around (in BBQ shops anyway) and I have also come across the Schweigen ones. Mainly because we are using them for our Kitchen due to having external motors thus less noise so I liked that idea.

Are there any other brands out there worth considering? I am looking more for function over "style" so open to all suggestions

Cheers
Hi, I bought a BBQ Rangehood off ebay and it was rubbish! The suction worked but definately not powerful enough for my bbq area i ended up having to take it down and get one custom built.

I had a look on the internet and found a company that custom makes rangehoods in Australia. There name is A GRADE FINISH CANOPIES the guy was really good (i think his name was Nick?) i ended up going with them and he even installed it. I 100% recomend these people www.agradefinish.com.au
no-moniker

Post by no-moniker »

Hi par, I also need a BBQ rangehood. I had the same problem with the eBay 1.2 and 1.5m pinnacle range hoods. They suspiciously start at $0.99 and every time I make a bid I am out bid by 'new' bidders with little ebay history. I suspect someone is trying to push my bid close to the buy it now price -$600. Had the same problem with a stereo component supplier. That aside I'm starting to think these are too cheap to be any good and the more I research the more I realise I need to spend big bucks. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with pinnacle or Melbourne suppliers and/or installers?