Beefeater burner issue

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Watto

Beefeater burner issue

Post by Watto »

Hi guys,

I got a second hand Beefeater 4 burner a couple of months ago. I got it all back together fine, but the flame shoots through the burners and comes out the end, at the back of the BBQ, which ends up being incredibly hot.

Any ideas what's going on there?

Cheers!

Watto
Pesto3

Beefeater burner issue

Post by Pesto3 »

Watto wrote:Hi guys,

I got a second hand Beefeater 4 burner a couple of months ago. I got it all back together fine, but the flame shoots through the burners and comes out the end, at the back of the BBQ, which ends up being incredibly hot.

Any ideas what's going on there?

Cheers!

Watto
Hey Watto, when you say the flame shoots through the "end" of the burners, is it coming out of the actual end of the burner or do you mean just in the back quarter or so of the burner? As in is it coming out of the actual holes it is supposed to but only at the back of the burner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watto

Re: Beefeater burner issue

Post by Watto »

G'day mate,

Thanks for your reply! It's literally shooting out the end of the burner, so comes out the holes through the burner and pushes all the way to the back as well. You end up with a big flame at the end of each burner.

Any ideas what could be happening there?

Cheers!

Watto :)
titch

Re: Beefeater burner issue

Post by titch »

Rusted out Burners of Blocked burners come to mind,
Show us a picture and What colour is the flame
Cheers
Titch
Pesto3

Beefeater burner issue

Post by Pesto3 »

As titch said I think your burners are blocked either with rust or God knows what. I would pull one of the burners out and check if the holes are rusted or clogged up. If you picked it up second hand it may have been sitting out in the elements for quite some time. Some People pick up old BBQ's from curb side pick ups and sell them. I would clean 1 burner as best you can and see it that makes any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk