YODER Pellet Grills in Australia

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
DrSweetsmoke

Re: YODER Pellet Grills in Australia

Post by DrSweetsmoke »

Deano wrote:
DrSweetsmoke wrote:
Grill Pro Australia wrote: We ( Grill Pro ) will be manufacturing our own pellets from Bourbon & Wine barrels fairly soon so supply wont be a problem in the future.
You mean whiskey and wine barrels right? Are you manufacturing in Oz or shipping in?
Doc aren't all bourbons whiskeys but not all whiskeys bourbons? :P 8)
:D That's correct to be called a bourbon it needs to be made in Kentucky which is why I asked if the barrels were being imported and pellets manufactured from them in Australia. 8) 8)
Some distilleries only use a barrel once then sell them off to lesser brands. 8)
Grill Pro Australia

Post by Grill Pro Australia »

Nth.Qld.stevo wrote:Dave,
good to hear that you will be making pellets here... where will you be selling them from?
Would be good to see them all over so that freight does not become an issue

Cheers
Noel
Hi Noel,
Our plan is to supply selected stores across Australia with Yoder Grills & those same stores will also stock our pellets so that freight is not an issue.

Regards,

Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
https://www.yodersmokers.net.au/
https://bbqrsdelight.net.au//
Instagram: @GRILL_PRO
Grill Pro Australia

Doc aren't all bourbons whiskeys but not all whiskeys bourbons? :P 8)[/quote]
:D That's correct to be called a bourbon it needs to be made in Kentucky which is why I asked if the barrels were being imported and pellets manufactured from them in Australia. 8) 8)
Some distilleries only use a barrel once then sell them off to lesser brands. 8)[/quote]

Understand, hopefully we can get making our Pro Grill Pellets sooner rather than later

Cheers,

Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
Badassrose

Post by Badassrose »

Dave, have you approached any stores in different states to see if they will take these smokers? If so, are we able to know?
Grill Pro Australia

Badassrose wrote:Dave, have you approached any stores in different states to see if they will take these smokers? If so, are we able to know?
Hi, no not as yet. We are in the process of Airfreighting the very first 3 Yoder BBQs ( 2 x YS640 & 1 x YS480 ) into Australia as we speak for the Redheads Gourmet BBQ Festival in Adelaide on the 6th & 7th of October ( http://www.bar-bqfest.com.au/ )
We intend to have them on display & working at the Festival.

You are welcome to contact me direct on: david@grillpro.com.au for more information ( We have already pre-sold 2 of the Yoder YS640 this week already )

Regards,

Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Badassrose

Post by Badassrose »

Have you already sold the 2 on the way? or are you having presales for future shipments?
Grill Pro Australia

Badassrose wrote:Have you already sold the 2 on the way? or are you having presales for future shipments?
We are not selling the 3 that are on their way as yet but we are taking Pre-orders for our first shipment that we are hoping will arrive in December some time.

If you are interested in more information, email me at david@grillpro.com.au

Cheers,
Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

bodgy wrote:Where's Bentley? Is the yoder properly sorted temp control wise yet?

If someone brings in the MAK I'm gonna dive right into pellets!

I have seen them in person, but have never cooked on one. There are several Members of Pelletheads.com that own and post about them. The reviews are mixed as to how they perform. Some Love them and have no problem, some have problems and work through them...others have sent them back. We have asked Yoder if we can do a Performance Test of the pit, like we have on 12 other units, but they have declined to submit one.

About all I can say regarding the unit.
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Wingman wrote: The Yoder samples pit temps and if it’s not coming up to temp quick enough it will increase the feed rate...The pit will consistently check temps. When you go to mops the meat or move things around, it detects the big drop in temp and will increase feed rate temporarily. If there is a big change in weather like a wind and rain storm and the pit drops approx. 35 degrees it will go to its feed rate table for that set temp and choose a more aggressive feed rate.

GMG...will not do this.

This is why the Turbo mode was invented on the GMG products...So the above statement is incorrect. This feature has been on GMG products 2 years before Yoder ever started producing Pellet units...Just an FYI.

Just for full disclouser, I am a Dealer Representative for Green Mountain Grills.
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Nth.Qld.stevo

Post by Nth.Qld.stevo »

Bently,
thanks for that information. I find it interesting
The one question thats is more relavent to us here in Aust is..
from what you know of & hear of is it a Traeger or Yoder...
Would be fantastic to have more options but we don't

cheers
Noel
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Nth.Qld.stevo wrote:Bently,
thanks for that information. I find it interesting
The one question thats is more relavent to us here in Aust is..
from what you know of & hear of is it a Traeger or Yoder...
Would be fantastic to have more options but we don't

cheers
Noel

Not sure if i am being asked a question here or not...
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Nth.Qld.stevo

Post by Nth.Qld.stevo »

Bently,
yes there was a question & know that I read it again it was vague.
With your knowledge of both the Treager & Yoder pellet grills,
what is regarded in the pellet world the better one?
Or would it be a case of each has good & bad points?

Cheers

Noel
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Nth.Qld.stevo wrote:Bentley,
With your knowledge of both the Treager & Yoder pellet grills,
what is regarded in the pellet world the better one?
Or would it be a case of each has good & bad points?
I just dont have any 1st hand data about the Yoder, I can only go by what I read about it on Pelletheads.com, and the comments are so mixed, I just don't know how they perform.

I was a Traeger owner for 7 years. I owned 2 075's. Won my 1st KCBS Grand Championship in 2003 cooking on a single 075 Texas, so to me, they are a proven pit...but, the Traeger Family sold their ownership to a Captial Venture company called The Barrish Group in about 2005 I think. The current Ownership has not kept pace with technology as far as I am concerned. It does not mean that the Traeger is not a good pit, it just means here in the States I have more options. Joe Traeger was an innovator some 20+ years ago when he developed his pit. I have not cooked on a Traeger since 2009, so I cant really speak to how well the New units perform. I know that food that comes off them is probably gonna be as good as any BBQ that come off of ANY pellet unit. It is things like temperature control, Turbo modes, low pellet sensor alarms, pellet dump features, grill zones, quick access fire pots, programable controllers, food probes attached to controllers...Thoses are the features that the New manufactures have developed and brought to the table here in the States.

You have to realize, my progression in Smoking/BBQ/Grilling is probably like 95% of the Members on this site. In 1975 at 16, I was cooking on an old charcoal feed BBQ/Grill my folks had that was made in Tyler, Texas...At 20 it was a Black Weber Kettle...At 28 it was a Charbroiler Gas Grill (those were sad days my friends)...In 91 my 1st Evil Stick Burner & UDS...and at the age of 38, I found Pellets and came over to The DarkSide, it was 1997 and a friend bought a Traeger 075, it would take awhile, but I got my 1st one in 2002 and have not cooked on anything but Pellets since, having owned 2 Tragers, a Danson WholeHog, and now cook on a Hearthland Memphis Pro and 2 Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone's for both personal and BBQ Competitions.

I found Nirvana...I dont want to cook on anything but 100% Hardwood, whether it is a 10 minute Cheesburger or a 17 hour Brisket...Sorry for ramblling.

To answer your question, I think if you look to your last sentence, that is probably a pretty accurate statement. I am sorry I cant be of more help!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Nth.Qld.stevo

Post by Nth.Qld.stevo »

Bently,
thanks mate, that is great information..
I think that is what a lot of people were wondering.

Cheers
Noel
Wingman

Post by Wingman »

Bently, the Traeger and Green Mountains are in a lesser quality league. It's like apples and oranges. They are made in China using cheap thin steel. My Traegrers body started flaking metal off the inside after 9 months. I went through 2 igniters and one controller. With any cooker there is the potential for failing components. My Traeger and My Whole hog had more then I could stand. I have owned the Yoder beta pit. One of the first 20 built, It ran circle around the Traeger and the Danson Whole Hog. I currently own a Yoder YS640 production pit. Best cooker I have ever owned. If you want a lesser quality pit buy a Traeger, Green mountain or Danson. If you want a competition grade quality cooker with a sturdy body and a great warranty and service backing, buy a Yoder. I watch folks all the time come into Foot Hills looking at all the different cookers. They lift the lids on them and once they do so on the Yoder thats it. They buy it. The difference in quality is that appearent.
Rob
Owner
SmokingPit.com
"Smoke it... and they will come!"