Pellet cookers in the tropics

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
Grill Pro Australia

Re: Pellet cookers in the tropics

Post by Grill Pro Australia »

Great video.

At 160lbs lighter than the Yoder Y series, whoever imports GMG into Australia should be able to stack them to the top of a container which should really help the price here.

Will be interesting to see how their Australian Electrical Safety Testing goes for Australia.

Another Pellet cooker here can only be a good thing for all Australians :D

Cheers Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
https://www.yodersmokers.net.au/
https://bbqrsdelight.net.au//
Instagram: @GRILL_PRO
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Davo wrote: we Aussies are used to paying the premium prices on everything.
Not "ALL" of us Davo...
edgy

Post by edgy »

Keen to see a GMG, reading between the lines and from what I can see in pics, they look like a good middle ground unit! That's just what the market needs, more options. :D are GMG 100% made in USA?
Yoder Smokers - Competition BBQ team

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Grill Pro Australia wrote:
Will be interesting to see how their Australian Electrical Safety Testing goes for Australia.

Cheers Dave
The GMG has Australian Safety Standard approval; they made sure was done before organising to import them.

Cheers
Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

urbangriller wrote:

Cheers Dave
The GMG has Australian Safety Standard approval; they made sure was done before organising to import them.

Cheers
Chris
Sounds as if they've been given the drum " get it done before you bring them to Australia or cop a hiding on Aussie BBQ forum"
:lol: :lol: :?
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
edgy

Post by edgy »

Davo wrote:
urbangriller wrote:

Cheers Dave

Cheers
Chris
Sounds as if they've been given the drum " get it done before you bring them to Australia or cop a hiding on Aussie BBQ forum"
Haha Davo!! Pretty much how it goes! :D
Yoder Smokers - Competition BBQ team

Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member! "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." Frank Sinatra
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Davo wrote: Sounds as if they've been given the drum " get it done before you bring them to Australia or cop a hiding on Aussie BBQ forum"

Actually, the company doing this does everything by the book....it's standard Business practice, you can't get insurance without it, and you'd be mad to do anything else!.....It's the Law!

Chris
Last edited by urbangriller on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Grill Pro Australia

urbangriller wrote:

Cheers Dave

Cheers
Chris
Fantastic, the very first Australian Saftey Standard approved Pellet Cooker, I look forward to seeing it here :D
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

I look forwaed to seeing more people on the dark side using pellet cookers, It has to be a boon for thr Aussie BBQ industry as a whole, the more that are available, the more that are sold, the more that are sold - the more that will be sold.

Happy days for all.

Captain
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

:shock:
Sorry dudes and Dudetts, I didnt mean for anyone to get their nickers in a knot.
Ive allready ruled out some makes, So its seems a china made unit is it.
Unless I win the lotto.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

They are Manufactured in China, the company just opened a new Factory in the last year. They are an American company. Seems to me it would cost no more to ship a container to Australia as it would the US.
edgy wrote:...are GMG 100% made in USA?
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Bentley

Post by Bentley »

I know this is a very subjective question, but what do you think an "average" decent gas unit sells for in Oz?
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Grill Pro Australia

urbangriller wrote:
Davo wrote: Sounds as if they've been given the drum " get it done before you bring them to Australia or cop a hiding on Aussie BBQ forum"
....it's standard Business practice, you can't get insurance without it, and you'd be mad to do anything else!.....It's the Law!

Chris
Completely wrong & inaccurate Chris, but lets leave it there :D
Captain Cook wrote:I look forward to seeing more people on the dark side using pellet cookers, It has to be a boon for the Aussie BBQ industry as a whole, the more that are available, the more that are sold, the more that are sold - the more that will be sold.

Happy days for all.

Captain
I completely agree Captain, the more we can open Australians eyes to the versatility of pellet cookers, the more we will sell them here & the more we sell the more the awareness will grow.

Now I know some may disagree :D & this is just my opinion, One Barbecue to do the lot, better tasting steaks & snags than Gas, juicer & more flavoursome poultry & roasts, "Low & Slow" every bit as good as an offset ( again, just my experience from tasting in the US last year & Jack the Ribber etc ) & awesome wood fired pizzas..... so why would the average Aussie look at any other BBQ? Most folks here will use their Charcoal or Offset once or twice a week, where's a Pellet Cooker they will use 5 + days a week due to the quick & easy operation ( & fantastic results )
Smokey Mick wrote::shock:
Sorry dudes and Dudetts, I didnt mean for anyone to get their nickers in a knot.
Ive already ruled out some makes, So its seems a china made unit is it.
Unless I win the lotto.
All good SM, great you are considering one, my opinion is you will love it :lol:
Bentley wrote:They are Manufactured in China, Seems to me it would cost no more to ship a container to Australia as it would the US.
edgy wrote:...are GMG 100% made in USA?
Exactly Bentley, in fact if anything even cheaper than shipping to the US!!!
Bentley wrote:I know this is a very subjective question, but what do you think an "average" decent gas unit sells for in Oz?
This is a very interesting question & I'm really interested to see what others think. We walked into a good Gas Barbecue shop a couple of months ago & spoke to the owner who is looking at stocking the BBQs that we import, he had Gas BBQs from $700 - $8,800 & everything in between. One of the questions we asked him was which price point Gas BBQ does he sell the most of? His answer was that he sells $3,000 Gas BBQs every day of the week & this is his "sweet spot"

This is such a great journey to be a part of!

Cheers, Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

This is exactly what I meant...I did not break any records in my SAT scores as you all can figure out!

Wow! So $1500 is not as drastic a purchase as I though it would be for many! Amazing! Guess I have always been a working man and $800 was a shock for me! I should have studied much harder in school!
Grill Pro Australia wrote:One of the questions we asked him was which price point Gas BBQ does he sell the most of? His answer was that he sells $3,000 Gas BBQs every day of the week & this is his "sweet spot"...
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Captain Cook wrote:I look forwaed to seeing more people on the dark side using pellet cookers, It has to be a boon for thr Aussie BBQ industry as a whole, the more that are available, the more that are sold, the more that are sold - the more that will be sold.

Happy days for all.

Captain
i said Captain.................he said what.!!! i said captain....................he said what you want.!!!

stooth Capt', are you contemplating walking someone orf the plank, or am i suffering residual effects from last night, cause..... that makes perfect sense to me.

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....