Twins!!

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Pesto3

Twins!!

Post by Pesto3 »

Picked my self up another Kamado the other day. This thing is 4 years old so it's pre divide and conquer, but I will modify it to suit my needs.
Image[/URL]
He told me he only cooked on it around 10 times. I didn't believe him. Then I took the cap off.....check this out
Image[/URL]
It's brand new!
Got myself a bit of a bargain here. Other then The fact it doesn't have an ash draw or the ash draw
Compartment. I think he threw it out when he first got it. He didn't know anything about them. Bought it to cook on and thought it was to much of a drama. So put the cover on and put it in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dupain

Re: Twins!!

Post by Dupain »

Looks unused mate. Great pick up.
CrankyChicken

Post by CrankyChicken »

Pesto that was down at mt cotton? I was in the queue behind you trying to buy it mate!

Had finally convinced the wife to let me up upgrade the dragon to a proper ceramic. Was a good deal too, ah well. Will have to continue to keep my gumtree eyes peeled. If i can convince her once than i can do it again :D
Pesto3

Twins!!

Post by Pesto3 »

CrankyChicken wrote:Pesto that was down at mt cotton? I was in the queue behind you trying to buy it mate!

Had finally convinced the wife to let me up upgrade the dragon to a proper ceramic. Was a good deal too, ah well. Will have to continue to keep my gumtree eyes peeled. If i can convince her once than i can do it again :D
Yes CrankyChicken, it
Was down at Mt Cotton, I didn't even try and knock him down in price. It was a great buy and have been cooking on it all week to test it out. I will keep an eye out for you if you like?
Dupain

Post by Dupain »

I got some KJ feets. A set of three @$25US

Can take the side tables off and leave as a stand alone.

Maybe have one like this Pesto3 at another location.

Only got the feets as the stand had to be reconditioned.

But I like how it looks.

Pesto3

Twins!!

Post by Pesto3 »

Dupain, I like that look to. It's a very clean look. If you know what I mean. I obviously don't know your family situation but we have 5 kids. I would be freaking out all the time that one of them would kick a footy or throw a basketball or just plain run into it and knock it off! Lmao.
I'm thinking of building a table and having a KJC on each end built in. But that's a project I can't see me getting around to for a while.

On a side note, are you planing on getting the joetisserie?

Dupain

Post by Dupain »

Pesto3 wrote:Dupain, I like that look to. It's a very clean look. If you know what I mean. I obviously don't know your family situation but we have 5 kids. I would be freaking out all the time that one of them would kick a footy or throw a basketball or just plain run into it and knock it off! Lmao.
I'm thinking of building a table and having a KJC on each end built in. But that's a project I can't see me getting around to for a while.

Have had the Joetisserie for a month now. It comes with it's own motor but I swapped it for mine which was more heavy duty. Clean design, powder coated aluminium and the ring is on an angle that the lid closes.

I like the plan of KJs on each end, but with 5 kids you need another one imo.
Pesto3

Twins!!

Post by Pesto3 »

Dupain wrote:
Pesto3 wrote:Dupain, I like that look to. It's a very clean look. If you know what I mean. I obviously don't know your family situation but we have 5 kids. I would be freaking out all the time that one of them would kick a footy or throw a basketball or just plain run into it and knock it off! Lmao.

Have had the Joetisserie for a month now. It comes with it's own motor but I swapped it for mine which was more heavy duty. Clean design, powder coated aluminium and the ring is on an angle that the lid closes.

I like the plan of KJs on each end, but with 5 kids you need another one imo.
Hahaha yes.....that would go down like a lead ballon lmao. I also have the Turbo elite and a Weber Baby Q200. So if I try and sneak in another one I maaaaaay be in trouble.

You have had the joetisserie for a month? Did you buy it from the US?

Are you "happy with it"? I have seen some unbelievable cooks on them.
Dupain

Post by Dupain »

Yes, US.

Visited a few BBQ stores for fun.

Bought a Kettle Q for $50. Can use as a griddle on the KJ. Good price as it is all stainless steel and cheaper than KJ accessories are notoriously
expensive.

Dupain

Post by Dupain »

Pesto3

Twins!!

Post by Pesto3 »

Dupain wrote:Now available at BBQ Galore Pesto3

https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/barb ... ic-joe-bbq
Yes I have been on the phone with them about it during the week. They are not going to be actually "in store" you have to buy them online and get them sent to the store for pick up. But they are not actually in stock as yet. Very soon though! There are 50 coming to Australia.