Buying a Vacuum Sealer

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
spuds

Buying a Vacuum Sealer

Post by spuds »

Hey guys,

I'm starting to build my kitchen arsenal and really want to get a Vacuum sealer for a variety of uses. Does anyone here use one? Any tips towards finding a good quality one? What to look out for or good brands?

Thanks guys.
dales133

Buying a Vacuum Sealer

Post by dales133 »

Get the sunbeam food saver, top of the line ones a good unit and you should be able to get it for the same price as the midrange one if you know how to bargan
food&fish

Re: Buying a Vacuum Sealer

Post by food&fish »

My $60.00 one from pinnacle come with bags and has been running for 2 years no problem
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Ive got a Sunbeam foodsaver model VS4400 and Im not too happy with it. Needs more omhp. or would be better without the auto seal. It often seals before Ive desperatley tried to manipulate the air out from blind spots.
Im up for a new one too, This time im going to do more homework.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
kendoll

Post by kendoll »

Let us know which one you go with Mick!

Ken
Ken
spuds

Post by spuds »

Thanks, i'm looking for something consistant and that can do quite a bit. I'll check out the top of the line Sunbeam, but i've heard mixed reviews about the lower models, as mentioned above.
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

After 8 years and 4 Tilia FoodSavers ($600 worth), from the $100 model to the $280 Game Pro (each seem to last about 2 years, no matter the price)...I went for what I think is one of the best semi commercial strip sealers made...4 years later it works as well as day one!

Still one of my favorite videos!

For my pay grade, a lot of money, but I truly believe at 53, I will never have to buy another!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

LOL, Bent, That looks like it was you that did that :lol:
Yep, Im not making another mistake for a divice I use a lot. Something like that will be my next investment.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

It was me Mick!...If you buy it, you will not regret it...I think it is a one time buy, and like you, I use it all the time. Bulk food, quick vacuume marinades, sealing jars, sealing up left over potato chip bags (this one you time right or regret)..on and on and on...
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

keithgh

Post by keithgh »

I have the old Sunbeam I use it all the time and never a problem I have heard of problems but on checking cheaper on line bags were used I only use the Sunbeam bags.

After I have sealed the bag I always run another seal just above the Vacuum seal and never a problem.

As a matter of fact I will be buying a one for the Daughter for Christmas.

Keith :D :D
jdonly1

Post by jdonly1 »

I just ordered one of these,hope its here Friday before we start cutting up the beast :mrgreen:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281020457523 ... 1497.l2649
dales133

Buying a Vacuum Sealer

Post by dales133 »

Mines the vac 780 and you have 3 vacume settings and a stage for wet or dry product.
It's a great machine and I even set it on gentle setting on vacume and vacd some cherry TOMATOS from the garden and it took all the air out without crushing them.
It's good for a domestic machine and has a 2 year wurunte
spuds

Post by spuds »

Bentley wrote:Image

After 8 years and 4 Tilia FoodSavers ($600 worth), from the $100 model to the $280 Game Pro (each seem to last about 2 years, no matter the price)...I went for what I think is one of the best semi commercial strip sealers made...4 years later it works as well as day one!

Still one of my favorite videos!

For my pay grade, a lot of money, but I truly believe at 53, I will never have to buy another!
I'm not sure if there's a supplier out here in Australia, but that sure looks good. I guess this is the new model as that model is out of stock. http://tinyurl.com/vacseal

That sunbeam 780 looks to be the ticket otherwise.
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

food&fish wrote:My $60.00 one from pinnacle come with bags and has been running for 2 years no problem
What sort of bags can you use with one of these? Do you know if the rolls that you can get from ebay work with it (if you've tried)?
Thanks,
Steve.
food&fish

Post by food&fish »

Lovey wrote:
food&fish wrote:My $60.00 one from pinnacle come with bags and has been running for 2 years no problem
What sort of bags can you use with one of these? Do you know if the rolls that you can get from ebay work with it (if you've tried)?
Thanks,
Steve.
Yes i have got bags fron aldi the local retreovision store and on line all ok