Posting photos

Any general items, polls
caddion

Posting photos

Post by caddion »

I was wondering what you guys use to resize your photos to upload to the forum. I took some photos with my iPhone but when I upload them it says file size too large.
titch

Re: Posting photos

Post by titch »

You need to use an outside picture host like Photo bucket or something
Cheers
Titch
hoddo

Post by hoddo »

irfanview is a good free photo editing programe
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

caddion wrote:I was wondering what you guys use to resize your photos to upload to the forum. I took some photos with my iPhone but when I upload them it says file size too large.
Hi caddion,

Lockyer suggested the use of http://www.imagebam.com/basic-upload

I tried it and it works ok on the forum...you must choose Family Safein the Type section drop down....

Select the largest picture size available and that'll come onto the forum.....if someone clicks on the pic on the forum, it'll go into a much larger size.

The pics look rather small on the forum than what I'm used to with Photobucket but photobucket is so laden with adverts now that it's becoming slow and cumbersome......especially if like me and have a questionable internet speed.

I'm trying to get Paul to at least update the software of this forum and hopefully we can get Tapatalk up and running...until he does this, my hands are tied....sorry guys
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
lockyer

Post by lockyer »

Hi caddion,

Lockyer suggested the use of http://www.imagebam.com/basic-upload

I tried it and it works ok on the forum...you must choose Family Safein the Type section drop down....

Select the largest picture size available and that'll come onto the forum.....if someone clicks on the pic on the forum, it'll go into a much larger size.

The pics look rather small on the forum than what I'm used to with Photobucket but photobucket is so laden with adverts now that it's becoming slow and cumbersome......especially if like me and have a questionable internet speed.

I'm trying to get Paul to at least update the software of this forum and hopefully we can get Tapatalk up and running...until he does this, my hands are tied....sorry guys
I'm find the 350 x 350 are a nice size of pic myself, great response guys.
Cheers L
Last edited by lockyer on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

:mrgreen:

I use the photo editing suite on cd when I bought my camera
Last edited by Mainey . . . on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
titch

Post by titch »

At least it was an upfront comment rather than a sneaky back door one I guess.
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

I thought it quite blatant actually...anyway the comment gone, we don't need that around here.
I know this isn't the most modern forum out there but thats what is good at times....the simplicity.
Nothing at all against SF&F but i find the format here easier on the eye and less messy.....
We will get upgrades in good time, before Paul can download the upgrades, he has to read and understand what is in them and how it'll effect the stability of the forum. If we can at least get Tapatalk running, that'd be a start.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
caddion

Post by caddion »

Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll check it out and hopefully post some awsome photos of whats cooking this weekend.
titch

Post by titch »

caddion wrote:Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll check it out and hopefully post some awsome photos of whats cooking this weekend.
Looking forward to it mate,sorry about the interruption :wink:
Cheers
Titch